- Development of new solvent-based resins for low VOC enamels.
- Development and use of waterborne resins for the formulation of environmentally friendly enamels (architectural and semi-industrial VOC and APEO free products).
Control theory and applied mathematical modeling
- Generation of control strategies for emulsion polymerization.
- Innovation in automation platforms for polymerization reactors.
- Development of a measurement system for online viscosity in alkyd processes.
- Development of mathematical models for light scattering in heterogeneous media.
Development of resins and latex for paint products
- Development of new high-performance emulsions environmentally friendly for use in different types of coatings (architectural, industrial, waterproofing, etc).
- Development of emulsions with particles of controlled morphology.
- Development of a new generation of texture-finished resins with excellent properties.
- Replacement of traditional painting for pools with a new resin which confers resistance to chemical attack and alkali in the final coating.
- Development of elastomeric resins.
- Development of different types of polyurethane resins for the wood market.
- Development of polyester resins and modified alkyd enamel for use as direct gloss catalyzed background and wood products.
- Development of different types of polymer additives for use in paints and coatings.
- Study of the behavior of associative rheology modifiers in the presence of different components of paints (latex, pigments, dispersants, etc.).
Development of supporting technologies
- Development of resins for plastic fillers used in the refinish automotive paint market.
- Development of methods for performance evaluation of paint films.
- Development of intelligent systems for painting formulation.
- Load optimization technology for the formulation of architectural paints.